Thursday, May 20, 2010

Grandma, Little Kids, Chatty Drivers, and Neophyte Boyfriends

When my partner and I first launched our PictureDialer apps, I thought they would be great for people with far-sighted vision (Grandma and her reading glasses), small children who are not yet reading, and those lovely people who love to talk on the phone while driving. Then I met a man, fell in love, and introduced him to the iPhone. Before I could install app one, he picked it up and said, "How in the hell am I supposed to make a call with this thing? There are no buttons on it! I miss my old phone already!" The poor man had no clue!

I went onto Facebook, saved photos of his friends, added them to the address book, installed PictureDialer Pro, set up his favorites, and tweaked the settings to a look I knew he would like. Almost instantly he was happily making calls and was amazed, "I can't believe you and Kane actually made this thing ... you made calling so much easier! Even easier than it was with my old phone!"

Months later, he still isn't very good with adding his friends to the app, but he has me for that. And thankfully the only issue he has had so far is that once I moved the icon, and he became all irritated because thought PictureDialer was gone. Heaven forbid! With a chuckle, I moved it back to the previous position and he was happy once again.

I still think PictureDialer is good for letting your toddler call Grandpa, or making Grandma's iPhone easy for her to use ... And yes, it does make calling easier while driving (heavy sigh), but the best thing it does is help iPhone newbies get used to their new gadget! Now, if I could only get him to stop calling it a GameBoy!

As always ... Happy Dialing!


Apps at AppStoreHQ

No comments: